Etsy Shop: Kate and Aly

Friday, January 4, 2013

Days 3 & 4

I realized earlier today that I never finished my upload yesterday. OUr internet has been very slow lately. I started uploading to my blog yesterday and then decided to do the dishes while I waited. I forgot about it and just went to bed. So here is day 3 and 4. 



Alyssa LOVES the stampers she got in her Christmas stocking. She will sit next to that poster board and just stamp it over and over again. Yesterday she was stamping then got her legos out and starting playing with them. She kept putting them on her head and trying to get them to stay there (I do that with her sometimes and she thinks it is hilarious) It is amazing how she is already repeating SO many things that she sees us do. The other day Joe said she pick up my hair straightener (which was unplugged) and put it up to her head like she was straightening her hair :) My favorite thing by far that she goes though is call for the dog. At first I realized that she started doing a kissing sound to call for him and patting her leg. I realized that is how I call for Mack. She will go to the back door and kiss and part her leg if he is outside. Recently She started standing at the back down stomping her foot, kissing, and patting her leg. I realized that when I want Mack to come in the house, but he won't, I tap my foot on the ground which usually gets him to come in the house. The pace at which she is learning is amazing! We have one SMART cookie on our hands :) 
Day 3

One thing we have been trying to "teach" Alyssa lately is cleaning up her toys. It doesn't always turn out successfully, but I know it is a lifelong lesson she needs to learn. We don't always remember to have her clean them up at the end of the night, life kind of gets in the way. But I try to always remember to do it. Daddy usually cleans up the most, which I tell him he needs to slow down and let her do more, but she is helping so I know she understands. She might put some toys away then take a few out, but it is the process and idea of cleaning that she is learning. 
Day 4
Nothing else too exciting here with us. But watching Alyssa grow and learn is WAY more exciting then anything I could imagine. I have realized that with all the exciting of everyday life I may not post everyday, but I will take pictures everyday and hopefully post at least every other day. I am happy that I am capturing our every day lives and taking time to reflect on them- that is already seeming to be more beneficial then I imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment