Etsy Shop: Kate and Aly

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Couch to 5K- Mermaid Run: Day 2

My husband, Joe, is pretty much a super hero :) Last March he started running. His goal was to run a half-marathon with his dad in November (His dad started running a few years ago but Joe little sister, Cierra runs, and is pretty fast!!) Joe started and really got in to it. He ended up being ready to run a half-marathon in June. He did ok, I was super proud of him! He knew he wanted to do better and did another one in August. He did MUCH better in August. By November he decided he wanted to run the marathon instead of the half-marathon. He did SO well! I was (and still am) SO incredibly proud of him. He looked and felt better after the marathon then he did after his first half. It has been amazing to watch him get into it, enjoy it, and feel better. I decided that I wanted to start running a few months ago. I did it for a while, I got this app, Couch to 5K. I really enjoyed it...but then Alyssa's first birthday began taking up ALL of my extra time. Then it was the holidays. I know...excuses excuses, but when you are making ALL gifts and have SO much to do, running didn't come first. 

I finally decided to start it again today. It felt good. I knew I wanted my photo of the day to have something to do with running, so here are my running shoes. I love my shoes. Not only are they pretty cute ;) but they are super comfy. I have never had the best luck with buying shoes...my feet have always been a little wide, but after Alyssa I couldn't fit in regular shoes anymore. One day while shopping I went into Lady Footlocker and told the lady my problem and she had me try these on. They are magical! They fit great and I don't have certain pains I was having wearing my old shoes. 


I knew I wanted to start running (jogging) again but didn't want it to be a new years resolution because I want to be a role model for Alyssa. I want to he healthy and happy for her. I want it to be something I enjoy doing and doesn't feel like a chore or something I have to do. I do have a goal though...Mermaid Run 5K!!! I can't wait for it! I know it is a ways away, so my goal is to run the 5K, but maybe I will be ready for the 10K by then. But I want it to be something I enjoy, so I will be perfectly happy with the 5K. 

I hope I can be someone Alyssa looks up to in ALL aspects of my life. I love her and want to be around for her and Joe for AS long as I can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment