Etsy Shop: Kate and Aly

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Perfect Bag!!!

A few months ago I made this bag for my grandma for her birthday. I used the the tutorial from Make it and Love, http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/08/large-tote-with-rounded-opening.html
It was pretty easy, and a lot of fun!! I had never done anything like it so I was proud I was able to do it!! I liked the bag so much I bought a bunch of the fabric needed, duck cloth, when Joanns was moving, it was really cheap then. This was about 2 months ago.

Last week I started going to the women's bible study at our church. We have a binder for the study and I decided I wanted to make a bag for my binder and stuff. Carrying the diaper bag, my purse, binder and bible was a little difficult. Now I just have to carry the diaper bag and my new bag/purse!!!
I absolutely love it!!! I love the colors, just wish I had bought more if the yellow fabric because it is so much fun with the brown and red lining and fabric flower.
I made a few adjustments from the tutorial and the first one, mainly I made the bag and straps a little wider. It is perfect for what I want!! Couldn't be happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment