Etsy Shop: Kate and Aly

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Warm, Cozy, Happy Baby!!!

Whew! It has been quite a while since my last post!! I have been in full swing First Birthday Party planning mode!! Invitations are out, for the most part, just working in all the details! There is SO much I want to do to make her special day perfect for us all- mostly fun for everyone, with all her family and friends there, but still not too overwhelming for her. BIG wishes for me :)

How could I not want everything to be perfect and fun when she is SO stinking cute!!! I can't wait, only 2 more weeks until the big day!! And Disneyland a few days after!! It is going to be such a blast :)

In other news, I hadn't sewn in a while, but it had begun to be rather cold at night and Alyssa gets very cold at night. Her 0-6 month sleep sacs finally have become almost too small, can't move the best with little space. So I set out to make a few bigger sleep sacs for less then half the cost. You can buy sleep sacks for $25 and I made her one for $6!! Joe was happy (I saved money), Alyssa is happy (warm and comfy), and I am happy because I accomplished something I wanted to do, put in my first zipper, and made another pattern from scratch for my princess!!

It is so exciting and gives me such a feeling of accomplishment when I create something new, especially something that will help Alyssa and make her happy.

Excited to continue birthday planning and finishing the second sleep sac in the days to come. Up also, making Alyssa's birthday outfit!! I received the Hungry Caterpillar fabric I bought and can't wait to create something fabulous!!!

Glad I have the opportunities to do all the things I do. I don't thank Joe enough for working so hard and giving our family all the chances to do all the things we want to do. I am so proud of all he does and the man that he is. Alyssa is one lucky little girl!! He is an amazing father, and husband!!!

We are one happy family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment